- World Press Cartoon 2020 candidatures open! (11/18/2019)WORLD PRESS CARTOON will organize in 2020 the 15th edition and continues to hold its main event in the city of Caldas da Rainha. Please remember the important innovation introduced two years ago: the admissibility of works produced for online publications. (more…)
- WPC 2019 Awards Ceremony (5/6/2019)
- Exhibition (2/23/2019)
Centro Cultural e de Congressos · Caldas da Rainha · free admission
- World Press Cartoon catalogues for sale (1/7/2019)
- WORLD PRESS CARTOON has in 2019 its 14th edition and continues to hold its main event in Caldas da Rainha, Portugal (10/22/2018)
- WPC 2018 Exhibition in Alcalá de Henares, Espanha (10/17/2018)
- Tribute to Hermenegildo Sábat (10/2/2018)
- «Freedom of Expression» by Italian Marilena Nardi wins 13th edition of WORLD PRESS CARTOON (6/20/2018)
The cartoon «Freedom of Expression» by Italian author Marilena Nardi was honoured with the Grand Prix
- AUTHORS FROM THREE CONTINENTS AMONG THE WINNERS
OF THE WORLD PRESS CARTOON 2018 EDITION (5/29/2018)
The 13th edition of the World Press Cartoon awards will return on June 2 to the Cultural and Congress
- WORLD PRESS CARTOON 2018 HAS SOMETHING NEW: ONLINE CARTOONS ARE NOW ADMITTED! (12/9/2017)
WORLD PRESS CARTOON has in 2018 the thirteenth edition and continues to hold its main event in the city of Caldas da Rainha, with a Grand Prix that has the value of ten thousand euros. We have introduced in this edition an important innovation: the admissibility of works produced for online publications.
- Alireza Pakdel thanking for the awarding of Grand Prix. (6/14/2017)
- MESSAGE FROM THE MAYOR OF CALDAS DA RAINHA (6/14/2017)
It is with deep joy and pride that we welcome to Caldas da Rainha the 2017 edition of the World Press Cartoon. In a town marked by the work and the great caricaturist tradition of Rafael Bordalo Pinheiro it is only natural and logical this linkage to a contest that celebrates the best that is being created all over the world in this arts field.
- «Immigrants» from the Iranian Alireza Pakdel wins the 12th edition of WORLD PRESS CARTOON (6/12/2017)
The cartoon «Immigrants», by Iranian author Alireza Pakdel, was honoured with the Grand Prix of the 12th edition of WORLD PRESS CARTOON, the great annual event of humour drawing in the international press.First prize in the Cartoon Editorial category, the cartoon was published in the Iranian newspaper «Etemad» in August 2016. Among the nine winners of this edition, the author raised the highest monetary prize in the amount of 10,000 euros. Still in this category, the jury awarded the 2nd prize to «Nice Attack», from the Greek Michael Kountouris (published in the newspaper Efimerida Ton Syntakton), and the 3rd prize for the «Welcome» by the French cartoonist Sunnerberg Constantin (published by Courrier International).
- WORLD PRESS CARTOON 2017 PODIUM (6/12/2017)
- World Press Cartoon 2017 Awards Ceremony (6/1/2017)
CALDAS DA RAINHA . JUNE 1O . 2017
The Portuguese city of Caldas da Rainha welcomes in 2017, for the first time, the great annual event of humour drawing in the international press, the WORLD PRESS CARTOON salon. This is the 12th edition of a global event that selects and awards the best cartoons published in newspapers and magazines around the world. The winning entries of World Press Cartoon 2017 came from Brazil, Ecuador, France, Greece, Iran, Italy, Serbia and Switzerland.
The announcement of the prizes will take place at the Cultural and Conference Center of Caldas da Rainha, next June 10. The musical and humour show will be attended by all the award-winning authors.
The winning works are part of an exhibition that will be inaugurated that same night, in the Cultural and Conference Center of Caldas da Rainha, displaying editorial cartoons, caricatures and gag cartoons that are a snapshot of the 2016 World events and personalities. The visitor will get the point of view from different cultures always with a smile.
- «Immigrants» from the Iranian Alireza Pakdel wins the 12th edition of WORLD PRESS CARTOON (5/9/2017)
The cartoon «Immigrants», by Iranian author Alireza Pakdel, was honoured with the Grand Prix of the 12th edition of WORLD PRESS CARTOON, the great annual event of humour drawing in the international press. First prize in the Cartoon Editorial category, the cartoon was published in the Iranian newspaper «Etemad» in August 2016. Among the nine winners of this edition, the author raised the highest monetary prize in the amount of 10,000 euros. Still in this category, the jury awarded the 2nd prize to «Nice Attack», from the Greek Michael Kountouris (published in the newspaper Efimerida Ton Syntakton), and the 3rd prize for the «Welcome» by the French cartoonist Sunnerberg Constantin (published by Courrier International).
- WPC 2017 jury has decided! (4/12/2017)
The WPC 2017 Jury meeting was held in Caldas da Rainha, Portugal, and the winners are choosen. The prized works are from Brazil, Ecuador, France, Greece, Iran, Italy, Serbia and Switzerland. The prizes will be announced next 10th of June in this website.
- World Press Cartoon is back! (1/31/2017)
After overcoming the financial restrictions that forced the 2016 interregnum, WORLD PRESS CARTOON is back on track! Our main event will be hosted by the Portuguese municipality of Caldas da Rainha, where the works of the top world class cartoonists will be on display in early Summer 2017.
- WORLD PRESS CARTOON 2015 A WARDS CEREMONY (7/14/2015)
From left to right: Cau Gomez (Brazil), Tchavdar Nikolov (Bulgaria), Shankar Pamarthy (India – Grand Prix 2014), Sunnerberg Constantin (France), Mohammad Ali Khalaji (Iran), Riber Hansson (Sweden), Dalcio Machado (Brazil) and Andre Carrilho (Portugal)
- WORLD PRESS CARTOON CASCAIS 2015 PODIUM (7/11/2015)
- ANDRÉ CARRILHO IS THE WPC 2015 BIG WINNER! (7/11/2015)
The Grand Prix World Press Cartoon 2015, «Ebola» by André Carrilho, is a cartoon that has become a phenomenon and study subject. Published in «Diário de Notícias» from Lisbon, it is a work that, like many other great cartoons, hits the reader with great violence.
- World Press Cartoon in Cascais (6/1/2015)
A new exhibition space dedicated to World Press Cartoon has already opened in Cascais and presents the T0P 50 works of the 2014 edition. There the visitors can see the original caricature of Nelson Mandela, from the Indian artist Shankar Pamarthy, Grand Prix World Press Cartoon 2014.
- WPC 2015: The jury has decided! (5/26/2015)
The WPC 2015 Jury meeting was held in Cascais, Portugal, and the winners were selected. The prized works came from Brazil, Bulgaria, France, Greece, Iran, Mexico, Portugal and Sweden.
- WPC 2015 Jury meeting at the Cascais Museum Quarter (5/26/2015)
- World Press Cartoon Cascais 2014 Catalogue (3/20/2015)
World Press Cartoon Cascais 2014 catalogue on sale now at main Portuguese bookstores.
- WORLD PRESS CARTOON CATALOGUES ON SALE ONLINE (3/10/2015)
The works selected for the World Press Cartoon Exhibitions are published in the catalogues available online in www.mediabooks.com.
- Shankar Pamarthy Message to WPC (11/7/2014)
«I thank you profusely for selecting my work for the prestigious Grand Prix 2014 prize.»
- «Sakshi Daily» honours Shankar Pamarthy (11/6/2014)
The Indian cartoonist Shankar Pamarthy was honoured at the daily newspaper “Sakshi” for the Grand Prix World Press Cartoon 2014. The prize was the subject of extensive coverage in the Indian press. Please check the local TV coverage in the attached link.
- WORLD PRESS CARTOON IN BUCHAREST (10/26/2014)
A selection of 25 works from the World Press Cartoon 10 editions, representing the same number of countries, were in display in Bucharest, Romania. Opening days: the 16th of October until the 2nd of November.
- Shankar Pamarthy is World Press Cartoon 2014 Grand Prix winner! (10/15/2014)
Indian artist Shankar Pamarthy, with a caricature of Nelson Mandela, is the winner of the World Press Cartoon 2014 Grand Prix.
- World Press Cartoon 2014 | Winners (10/15/2014)
World Press Cartoon 2014 Winners
- WORLD PRESS CARTOON IN GABROVO, BULGARIA (10/14/2014)
The complete set of prized cartoons from the 10 editions of the World Press Cartoon, will be in display in Gabrovo, Bulgaria, at the Museum House of Humour and Satire, from the 16th of October.
- WPC 2014 jury has decided (9/19/2014)
WPC 2014's jury has picked the winners, and their countries are already known
- WPC AT THE IN FESTIVAL | LISBON (10/15/2013)
THE WORLD PRESS CARTOON PARTICIPATED AT THE BIGGEST INNOVATION AND CREATIVITY AGGREGATING EVENT BEING HELD IN PORTUGAL WITH A TOP 50 SELECTION FROM THE 2013 SINTRA SALON.
- WPC Sintra 2013 Exhibition Pictures (8/3/2013)
- WPC Sintra 2013 Awards Ceremony Pictures (8/1/2013)
- WPC Sintra 2013 | Winners on Stage (8/1/2013)
- WPC Sintra 2013: Awards and Honourable Mentions (8/1/2013)
Awards and Honourable Mentions
- WORLD PRESS CARTOON SINTRA 2013 EXHIBITION (6/24/2013)
- WORLD PRESS CARTOON IN BELGRADE (6/12/2013)
A selection of the best works of the World Press Cartoon Sintra 2012 salon was on display in Belgrade, with the support of the Embassy of Portugal and of the Instituto Camões an organization within the Portuguese Ministry of Foreign Affairs devoted to promote international cooperation and the knowledge of the national language and culture.
- The Winners Team (4/15/2013)
- Michael Kountouris: WPC Sintra 2013 Grand Prix (4/13/2013)
Greek artist Michael Kountouris and Sintra Mayor, Fernando Seara at the World Press Cartoon 2013 Awards Ceremony. Kountouris won with an editoril cartoon titled «EU Rescue Team».
- Michael Kountouris is WPC Sintra 2013 big winner! (4/12/2013)
Greek artist Michael Kountouris, with a editoril cartoon titled «EU Rescue Team» is the winner of the World Press Cartoon 2013 Grand Prix. The cartoon was published in «Efimerida Ton Syntanton» newspaper, from Athens.
- World Press Cartoon in Slovenia (1/22/2013)
Ljubljana City Hall . 31 January to 20 February 2013
- WORLD PRESS CARTOON 2012 AT THE WORLD PRESS (9/2/2012)
- World Press Cartoon TOP 50 at Alcalá de Henares (6/13/2012)
Last July, a selection of cartoons from World Press Cartoon 2012 was presented in Alcalá de Henares, Spain. An organization of the Alcalá de Henares University.
- WPC SINTRA 2012 AWARDS CEREMONY (4/21/2012)
- WPC Sintra 2012 Prizes (4/20/2012)
Satirizing one of the main issues of 2011, with the caricature of Dominique Strauss-Kahn, the Norwegian artist Egil Nyhus was awarded with the Grand Prix of the 8th edition of the World Press Cartoon. He shares the distinction ex-aequo with Cuban artist Aristides Hernandez, who won the Editorial Cartoon category with an untitled drawing allusive to the USA military interventions.
- Aristides Hernandez & Egil Nyhus are World Press Cartoon 2012 big winners (4/20/2012)
Norwegian artist Egil Nyhus, with a caricature of Dominique Strauss-Kahn, and cuban artist Aristides Hernandez, with an untitled editorial cartoon, are the ex-aequo winners of the World Press Cartoon 2012 Grand Prix.
- GAG CARTOON 3rd Prize Trophy for Goran Divac (4/19/2012)
The Serbian artist Goran Divac could not be present, by personal motives, at the World Press Cartoon Sintra 2012 Awards Ceremony. The trophy for the Gag Cartoon 3rd prize was delivered to the Cultural Attaché of the Embassy of the Republic of the Serbia in Portugal,
- WORLD PRESS CARTOON SINTRA 2012 AWARDS CEREMONY (4/17/2012)
- 2005-2011 PRIZES IN EXHIBITION IN SINTRA (12/29/2011)
2005-2011 PRIZES IN EXHIBITION IN SINTRA | FROM 22 NOVEMBER TO 3 DECEMBER sintra museu de arte de moderna | Centro Cultural Olga Cadaval
- WPC and Bensaude Group partnership (12/1/2011)
World Press Cartoon and Bensaude Group are developing a partnership aimed at cooperation in the respective business areas.
- WPC in Mozambique (11/15/2011)
Two TOP 50 exhibitions of World Press Cartoon 2010 and 2011 cartoons were presented last November and December in Maputo, at Instituto Camões Cultural Center and Mediateca BCI.
- World Press Cartoon in Brazil (11/10/2011)
World Press Cartoon Sintra 2011 was present at the National Museum of Fine Arts of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- WPC Top50 2011 in Belgrade (9/1/2011)
World Press Cartoon at the Belgrade Book Fair
- Australian artist David Rowe is 2011 big winner (4/9/2011)
With «Wikileaks and Uncle Sam», Australian artist David Rowe is the big winner of the World Press Cartoon 2011 edition.
- WPC Sintra 2011 Prizes (4/8/2011)
With «Wikileaks and Uncle SAM», Australian artist David Rowe is the big winner of the World Press Cartoon 2011 edition.
- New Honorary President of World Press Cartoon (4/1/2011)
Hermenegildo Sabat is the new Honorary President of World Press Cartoon
- WPC 2011 Winners (4/1/2011)
WPC 2011 Winners
- WPC 2011 Jury (2/14/2011)
In the photo the 2011 Jury, from left to right: Cecile Bertrand, Belgium; Alessandro Gatto, Italy, António Antunes, Portugal, Ralph Steadman, United Kingdom and Anita Kunz, Canada.
- WPC IN MANCHESTER | PHOTOS (1/1/2011)
The Consul General of Portugal in Manchester, Manuel Grainha do Vale, guides two guests of honor, the Mayors of Salford an Oldham, through the World Press Cartoon Exhibition. The Consuls of China and Portugal. Young visitors were delighted by the cartoons and the catalogues.
- WPC TOP 50 2010 AT ALICANTE UNIVERSITY, SPAIN (9/19/2010)
The University of Alicante, Spain, presented, from the from the 2nd to the 30th of September, the exhibition World Press Cartoon TOP 50 2010.
- WPC Top 50 2010 (9/18/2010)
The Municipal Library of São João da Madeira, Portugal, presented, from the 3rd to the 30th of September, the exhibition World Press Cartoon TOP 50 2010.
- WPC 2010 Prizes at Casino Lisboa (8/19/2010)
From the 13th until the 26th of September, the winning cartoons of 2010 WPC Salon were on show in Lisbon, at Casino Lisboa. The Casino Lisboa is located by the Tagus River, in the Parque das Nações, site of the Expo’98.
- WPC 2010 PRIZES AT CASINO ESTORIL (8/17/2010)
From the 30th Agust until the 12th of September, the winning cartoons of 2010 WPC Salon were on show at Casino Estoril, in Cascais, Portugal.
- IN MEMORIAM DAVID LEVINE (3/30/2010)
Not many authors leave such a deep mark among cartoonists and readers of sucessive generations as David Levine did. World Press Cartoon honorary president, Master Levine died last 29 December.
- WPC / UE SUMMIT… (3/30/2010)
Humor and politics get together. José Manuel Durão Barroso, president of the European Commission, was distinguished with a catalogue of the World Press Cartoon Sintra 2009. given by the salon’s director António Antunes.
- WPC logo (10/1/2005)